If you like sports — basketball, golf or just walking — choose the best shoes. Bad shoes can lead not only to foot and ankle problems, but leg, hip, and even back pain as well. That’s because alignment begins with your feet and moves up to influence the rest of your body.
Sure there are other activities you do during your life time. Starting with walking around the house or traveling to work or maybe doing exercise and other activities, there are always shoes for all situations. Each shoe has their own characteristic such as look, feel, smell and how the shoes react to you, the wearer.
Here are some checklists you need to know when buying shoes.
– Check the shoes closely by touching it.
– Check whether the soles is strong and flexible when gripping the surface
– Insoles should be cushioned to absorb the jolts of walking on hard surfaces.
– Arch supports distribute weight over a wider area.
– Shoes made of leather are best because leather breathe like skin and mold to your foot.
– Don’t buy shoes if not comfortable.
– Don’t plan on shoes stretching with wear.
– Try shoes for both feet. Each foot is often different size.
– Do shoes shopping at the end of the day because feet swell to their largest at that time. That’s why always buy shoes for the biggest foot.
– Size depends on shoe make and style, too. Don’t insist you always wear one size if the next feels better.
– The heel should fit snugly and the instep should not gape open.
If you already know what you should do before buying shoes, another thing you have to consider is deciding which shoes for what occasion. Obviously you would not play tennis wearing your high heel dress shoes, right?
Here are some of the shoes that most people would have:
1. Dress shoes: This include dress boot, bridal shoes, prom shoes etc. You can wear dress shoes to formal occasion such as to a dinner, job interview or school event. At least you need one pair of dress shoes, specially the simple traditional dressy shoe which is a mid height heel at about 2.5 or 3 inches high, black and opened toe.
2. Casual Shoes: This includes sneaker, sandal, boot, etc. This is for more relax occasion. It can be any shoes with various colors, style and for any occasion. This shoe is more reflecting your taste, your favorite colors and your interests. Casual shoes can be inexpensive, since it is made of different material, not merely leather. The color is so various, that you can choose what ever color you like. You can wear it for shopping, relaxing, to cinema etc.
3. Athletic Shoes: It includes all sport shoes. There are so many brands that you can choose, but there are a few brand which specialize in sport footwear such as Adidas. You wear athletic shoes during your exercise, jogging, walking, running and other sport activities. However, currently there are some people also consider this type of shoes as casual shoes, so they wear it everyday for their activity. That’s okay too.
Shoes not only influence how others perceive you but they also influence how you views yourself. From the style you chooses and how well you are maintained, people can determine the stock your places on their appearance. Show yourself that you are a classy person by wearing the right shoes!